XCode 9 Build Failing

Thanks @tamaspapik, do you guys have an ETA on this yet? Should I just watch the step github repo to get an update when it’s fixed?

Hi @dhavalcue,

we released a new version (2.3.1) of Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step.
This version contains a lots of fixes related to the new provisioningProfiles node in the exportOptions.plist, please update to this version and let us know, how doest it work!

Thanks for the reports and the helps!

@godreikrisztian: My builds are still failing. https://www.bitrise.io/build/42d993764d7cd3c3

I now see: Export failed, error: signal: segmentation fault

@dhavalcue: Could you please confirm that a re-build does not fixes the issue?

@tamaspapik: Yes, 2.3.1 did not fix the step for us. The builds are still failing.

Hi @dhavalcue,
Until we release a fix, please use this workaround: Xcode 9 GM - Failed to create target code sign properties mapping, error

Hi @godreikrisztian,

I have followed the workaround proposed in this post : https://blog.bitrise.io/new-export-options-plist-in-xcode-9

This got me a bit further. The build was successful, the log says that also exporting was successful but the ipa is missing. This is what I see in the log:

Blockquote
[11:29:53] xcodebuild “-exportArchive” “-archivePath” “/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__archive__203601343/ClareControls.xcarchive” “-exportPath” “/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__export__058437650” “-exportOptionsPlist” “/Users/vagrant/deploy/export_options.plist”
2017-09-25 11:29:54.472 xcodebuild[8540:33896] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path ‘/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/ClareControls_2017-09-25_11-29-54.469.xcdistributionlogs’.
Exported ClareControls.xcarchive to: /var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__export__058437650
** EXPORT SUCCEEDED **
No ipa found with pattern: /var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__export__058437650/*.ipa

This is a link to a build failing: https://www.bitrise.io/build/71dda2946f96c3cd

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @lbaxevanaki,
thanks for the report! Please enable bitrise-support for your project to let use take a look on your build log, it can be done on your bitrise project’s settings page.

Hi @godreikrisztian,

I just enabled it.

Leto

@lbaxevanaki this is strange the export succeded, so the ipa should exist there…
We will check this asap.

1 Like

Also currently encountering this issue, more specifically the .ipa not found.

Hi @godreikrisztian,

any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Leto

Hi,
we released a new version of the step: 2.3.2.
Please update the step in your workflows and do not forget to update Certificate and Profile Installer step to the latest version (1.9.0) as well.
Let us know how it works for you!

1 Like

@godreikrisztian: Unfortunately, builds are still failing with “Export failed, error: signal: segmentation fault”.

Build: https://www.bitrise.io/build/02a1280926b37e57

@godreikrisztian: Any update on this issue?

We’re working on fixes, a new one will be released soon @dhavalcue!

Did you try it with the current latest version of Xcode Archive?

Hi,

sorry for the issues with the Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step and thanks for all the reports, and lettings us test with your projects.

We released a new version (2.3.3) of Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step.

Changes:

• fixed scheme - application target mapping
  • fixed target - provisioning profile mapping
  • handle if archive used NON xcode managed profile
  • prefer archive team, if multiple code sign groups found

Please also update the Certificate and Profile Installer step to the new version: 1.9.1.

@godreikrisztian, @viktorbenei: Sorry guys, it’s still failing for me.

:x: error: exportArchive: Provisioning profile “BitriseBot-Wildcard” doesn’t support the Push Notifications capability.
:x: error: exportArchive: Provisioning profile “BitriseBot-Wildcard” doesn’t include the aps-environment entitlement.”

Thanks for everything team. It was a good run, but we’ll have to explore other options for this.

Hi @dhavalcue,
could you please share your failed build log file with us?

Will this do?