Xcode 9 Beta 4 Stack

stack-updates
xcode

Am I right in thinking that the stacks are only updated once a week? It seems that Xcode 9 beta 4 was released on 23rd July, a day after the weekly stack update on 22nd. Xcode 9 Beta 4 changed something for my project which means it fails to build in older betas. Will my project not build for a whole week until the stack is updated?

0 Likes

In general, if the release of the beta is at the second half of the week then yes, we don’t publish it during the week. In this case, when it’s published during the weekends or early in the week then we might.

We already started to prepare the new beta stack, so we’ll probably just go ahead and publish it once it’s ready.

In the meantime I’d suggest you to use Xcode 9 beta 3 instead (on your Mac and on bitrise.io too), unless you actually really have to use beta 4.

0 Likes

Beta 3 was unusable, in terms of source editing bugs and issues, which is why I switched to beta 4 as soon as possible, you know how it is #devlife :joy:

Thanks for the update, I’ll keep an eye out.

0 Likes

Yeah, I totally understand that, we just have to finish the preparation of the stack - it’s quite time consuming as we do this on a clean MacOS install and we have to run it through a huge amount of tests once the stack is “prepared”, before it could be deployed into production, that’s why we usually do this as part of the weekly updates.

Will try to push the beta 4 stack into production today :slight_smile:

0 Likes

@james-rantmedia Xcode 9.0 beta 4 was just deployed into production:

:rocket: :tada: :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Thank you! Builds are green again!

1 Like