Xcode 11 beta5 is now available!

Xcode 11 beta5 is now available! :tada:

To select this Stack you just have to open your app on bitrise.io,
go to the Workflow tab (Workflow Editor), and on the Stack tab select the Xcode 11.0.x
option and your next build will start on the Xcode 11 stack.
Note: you can now select separate stacks for separate workflows!
Read more at: https://blog.bitrise.io/per-workflow-stack-selection-is-here.

This new Virtual Machine replaced the previous Xcode 11.0.x configuration,
so if you’ve already selected the Xcode 11.0.x stack for your app, you’re automatically using Xcode 11 beta5 now.

You can find the changes/updates compared to the Xcode 11 beta5 stack here:

If you’d like to add additional tools to be pre-installed you can find the instructions on GitHub, for both the Linux and for the macOS stacks.

Information about Stack types & update schedules can be found here: discuss.bitrise.io/t/281.

Happy Building! :rocket:

Hey! This doesn’t appear to be merged in yet, so my stack is still using beta 4.
Is this an oversight? :slight_smile:

Hello @JonathanDowning

We merged the PR, but that is just a system report, independent from the VM image itself, so it is the new beta in use already. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey @fehersanyi-bitrise,

I’m using the Xcode 11 stack, but it appears the iPhone 13.0 simulator isn’t available. Are there plans on getting that simulator added? I’ve got a bunch of snapshot tests that are changed in iOS 13.

Hello @aaron.sapp

I checked the system reports, and for iOS 13 you can use these devices:

We install the simulators by hand from Xcode :thinking: locally can you run iPhone SE with iOS 13.0?
If so, I will try to come up with a solution for you.

Ah yes!! My bad!

Yup!

21%20AM

We use iPhone SE since it provides the lowest res snapshot images. Bumping up to another device would double all of our snapshot image resolutions.

Thank you, we will check things out and try to make it work asap :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey @aaron.sapp👋

Can I ask which exact OS and Xcode versions do you have locally? :thinking:

hey @fehersanyi-bitrise, sorry for the delay, I didn’t get any notification of your post :confused:

Locally I’m running:
Xcode: Version 11.0 beta 5 (11M382q)

Hy @aaron.sapp :wave:

I found a way to install the Simulator in need, I will include it with this weeks update :upside_down_face:

PS: we had some technical issues so it will only be in the next update hopefully on the 15th.

1 Like

Hi @fehersanyi-bitrise,

I know that Xcode 11 beta 6 was released yesterday but I wanted to ask when we can expect it to be available on Bitrise?

Hello @anaglik

aug 20th is a national holiday here in Hungary so we were out having fun with the family, but we will definitely make the update today, or latest, tomorrow!

best regards,
Sandor

1 Like

Thanks for quick reply! Hope you had fun yesterday :tada:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.