Workflow overview

workflow

Hi!

When working with workflows that are run before and after each other, it would be nice to have simple overview.

It can get kinda messy very fast when you have a “advance” setup, with lots if “run before” and “run after”.

I’d suggest a graph or something to easily visualize it.

1 Like

We definitely agree, and we did a full revision on it in the new Offline Workflow Editor / Workflow Editor v2

https://discuss.bitrise.io/t/offline-workflow-editor-workflow-editor-v2/39

We’re still working on making this new editor fully production ready, for now you can use it locally on your Mac/PC, but once declared production ready this will replace the editor on bitrise.io too!

Any feedback is much appreciated, in this case related to the “overview” capabilities :wink:

0 Likes

Sounds very nice! I’ve already tested it as well, but didnt notice it had this overview-featuer!

0 Likes

Well, it’s not an overview “feature” per se, as you don’t have to click anything, the UI was designed so that you can see the full workflow chain immediately.

0 Likes

Yeah, I noticed. Just tried out the new version 0.9.6. Btw, is there any way to find out the name of the workflow that was triggered?

0 Likes

You mean through an environment variable? BITRISE_TRIGGERED_WORKFLOW_ID - http://devcenter.bitrise.io/faq/available-environment-variables/

1 Like

Thanks for the link. For me, the state that the workflow editor is in is good enough, you can easily which steps are part of a “sub”-workflow and get the “overview” of it. Nice!

1 Like

Great to hear, this was one of the main revision points we had for the new editor, as we rely more and more on workflow chaining (before_run and after_run) ourselves :wink:

0 Likes

btw if you have any feedback for the new workflow editor, please share it with us at Workflow Editor "v2" (Open Source & Offline Workflow Editor)

there’s still time to change things before releasing it on bitrise.io :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely! I just did :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new Workflow Editor is now available on bitrise.io - The New Workflow Editor is finally available on bitrise.io! - It seems that provides a solution for this #feature-request so I’ll set an auto-close/complete on it. If you’d disagree just let us know and we’ll keep it open @david.everlof.knowit!

And of course, thanks for your feedback! :wink:

1 Like

closed #12

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes