Waiting for emulator to boot failes

When i’m building the ‘wait for android emulator’ step files with error message:

Failed to check emulator boot status, error: * daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037

Stack: Android docker on Ubuntu 18.04
Standard machine
cleared my cache

5 Likes

same issue here! We didn’t changed anything but we are getting this error over and over again

Same, it was working on Friday, today it’s terminating showing 90min limit with wait for emulator step failing.

When we remove the waiting step we’re left with:

Caused by: com.android.builder.testing.api.DeviceException: No connected devices!
1 Like

I’m gonna add a “me too” here.

Our build is broken, we’re back to the dark medieval ages running tests locally.
It would be great to have a response from the bitrise team.

Hi @DaanGeurts,
Thanks for reporting the issue! Could you please check if you also get the issue using the android LTS stack?

Hi @tamasbazsonyi,
I’m getting this problem on Ubuntu 16 LTS also, so switching environments doesn’t work for now…

Hi @DaanGeurts, @sb_ronaldopace, @StanislawGwara, @mirko.haeberlin,

We are trying to find a solution that would work without reducing the functionality of the AVD Manager step, but it proves to be more complicated than expected. It appears there is a workaround though. Could you do the following and start a new build?

• Setting Verbose Mode in the Customize section of the AVD Manager step to false
  • Downgrading the AVD Manager step to version 0.9.1
2 Likes

Hi @tamasbazsonyi
I will give this a shot today

that works for me

1 Like

Great! I’m really happy to hear that! Thank you for confirming @mirko.haeberlin! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@tamasbazsonyi I can confirm that these steps do work!!! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.