Create headful android simulator open on Ubuntu 16.04 stack

It turns out because I am running the Android & Docker, on Ubuntu 16.04 stack, and I am using the emulator command. It creates the emulator as headless, which is fine, but for some reason, it makes the headless simulator without GPS. Is there anyway I can create the emulator as headful on this docker? Or can I add GPS to this headless android simulator? If I run normally headful, I will get the errors such as:

emulator: INFO: QtLogger.cpp:68: Warning: Could not find the Qt platform plugin “offscreen” in “/opt/android-sdk-linux/emulator/lib64/qt/plugins” ((null):0, (null))
emulator: INFO: QtLogger.cpp:68: Fatal: This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: xcb.
((null):0, (null))

Same problem here, need to run headful emulator because Appium appears to constantly fail with emulators running in headless mode. Tried almost every fix and workaround I found about Qt but the error still appears.
Reading Ubuntu 16.04 does not have a video device, cannot run UI tests appears that running window emulators is possible.

@RyanCrandall did you managed to solve the issue?

My only solution was to run a mac based stack and not Linux

Great! So headful Android emulator is working good there?

As per this link, x86 emulators are available only on the Linux/Android stacks . However, you could try out using an ARM emulator.
I too have run into a location related issue with Android Emulator on BitRise and I posted a query. However, in my case, the application would not even launch when I used an Android Emulator with google_apis. When I used an Android Emulator (without google_apis), it would launch but my app would prompt a location error.

Reference: Android Emulator with Google APIs

- avd-manager@1:
      inputs:
      - api_level: '29'
      - tag: google_apis

Reference: Android Emulator without Google APIs

- avd-manager@1:
      inputs:
      - api_level: '29'
      - tag: default

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.