Bitrise Public API to create/manage apps

I really, really need a way to manage Bitrise apps using a public API.
We have a large amount of apps (300+) and it is impossible to create/maintain them manually.

The perfect scenario would be a API endpoint where I can send the app information (name, repository, scheme, etc) and also send the workflow. Does not need to have the full features like the dashboard, just the basic to get a app and workflow up and running.

thanks

Thanks for the #feature-request @Felipe-Banno, awesome idea, definitely planned! :wink:

1 Like

Implementation note: this endpoint would skip the scanner; it’s required to supply a (valid) bitrise.yml (or JSON, as we use a JSON compatible subset of YML for bitrise.yml) as part of the request body to create an app.

Any news on this? We really need this api call to create an app. If we want to switch completely to Bitrise…:smiley:

Hi @seppe_r, there is!

Here you can review the current list of features the API offers.

Including (but not limited to :wink:)
Endpoints
Retrieving apps
Adding a new application
Downloading the .yml of your app
Getting the build of an app

And more! Please check it out and do let us know if there is anything you are still missing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hmm… I’ll create a task to add more details to the https://devcenter.bitrise.io/api/v0.1/#post-appsregister endpoint.

We have 150+ apps, it is hardly to attach them manually. I required this same kind of API to create project, create incoming and outgoing hooks and all setup as bitrise.yml does. Let me know what is the development status of this API.

1 Like

I would also like to know the status of this. We would really like to create a new project using some sort of API or CLI tool (given a bitrise.yml file). The 0.1 API docs do not mention such a functionality. Any news, @viktorbenei ?

Hi @matthias.buchetics! We feel you! We’re not at liberty to provide an ETA just yet, but I can tell you that this is currently in the works! :slight_smile:

Any updates on this feature request. Any updated timelines?

Hi @gauravds! Unfortunately not. What we’re working on is more specifically this: Create a new app via Bitrise CLI