Unable to perform any update to bitrise

I am unable to add, edit, or delete a workflow using GUI from yesterday(11th Jan 2021). I tried from two projects (one Android & one iOS), but both display the same error "Error saving app config :784,:unexpected token at ‘Argument list too long - bin/bitrise’ .

Note, I am able to edit through bitrise.yml file and the changes reflected also.

We are having the same issue from today

Hi @srafiqa and @robertbrianb! :wave:

I am sorry you ran into this issue. :disappointed:

Our engineers are aware of the issue and were able to identify the root cause. A fix is on the way, but it’s waiting for review. It should be rolled out tomorrow morning. In the meantime, if you need to edit your workflows, you can edit in on the bitrise.yml tab .

I will update this thread as soon as the fix is out. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,
Kata

1 Like

Hi Kata,

It seems to be working now. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Robert

We are still facing this issue.

We are still facing same issue

I’m having this issue in the bitrise.yml, there is a max of lines in the yml file?

My yml file has 1748 lines, when I download my yml file has 102 kb of size.

Still seeing this issue and I don’t believe it’s related to the size of the yml because I also see the issue when I attempt to delete lines. I’ve been able to modify the yml file directly. Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone! :wave:

I am so sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. :disappointed: Our team had to delay rolling out the fix, but it should be released soon! Until then I’d kindly suggest trying to edit your workflow on the bitrise.yml tab.

I’ll update the thread when the fix is officially out. Thanks for your patience!

~ Kata

Any updates on this? Modifying the yml directly is fine for minor changes but with dozens of builds running at any given time, making bigger changes is not tenable for us.

Hello everyone, :wave:

A fix has been implemented, could you please try it again and let us know if you are able to save your workflows now?

Thank you for your patience once again!

~ Kata

It seems this issue has returned. I am getting this same thing :frowning: My bitrise.yml file is 98kb

Bump… Hello all I am still getting this error. It started again yesterday and is still happening again today.

Error saving app config: 784: unexpected token at ‘Argument list too long - bin/bitrise’

Any help would be appreciated.

Our engineers are currently looking into this. In the meantime, if you need to edit your workflows, you can edit them on the bitrise.yml tab .

I will update this thread as soon as I have more information. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,
Kata

Hi @johnnyk529, :wave:

Thanks for your patience! Our finding is that there are OS limitations on how long an argument can be when passed to a command - in our case we use the bitrise CLI’s validate command and pass a base64 encoded version of the bitrise.yml as an argument before saving it. The char limit is hard-coded into an OS as 131.072 and your YML seems to exceed this, which causes this error.

We will keep investigating but at the moment we can only offer a workaround. As a quick workaround, we would advise to either try to remove some things from your YML or move some workflows to a local bitrise.yml - living in the repository and then call bitrise run … from the original workflow.

Thanks,
Kata

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.