Stack deprecations effective October 31, 2018 - Xcode 7.3.1, 9.0, 9.1 and 9.3

The following stacks are now deprecated and are scheduled to be removed after October 31, 2018:

• Xcode 9.3.x
  • Xcode 9.2.x (Will be kept for longer based on feedback. We’ll deprecate it early next year.)
  • Xcode 9.1.x
  • Xcode 9.0.x
  • Xcode 7.3.1

Users on these stack types will be migrated as follows:

• Xcode 9.0.x, 9.1.x, 9.2.x, 9.3.x :arrow_right: Xcode 9.4.x
  • Xcode 7.3.1 :arrow_right: Xcode 8.3.x

Deprecation is also presented on the bitrise.io website, everywhere the stack’s title / description is presented, including the stack selector.

You can read more about our stack update and deprecation policies in the topic below:

If you have any issue or feedback related to these deprecations please leave a comment!

1 Like

One of the main selling points of your platform is the ease with which we can move to different versions of Xcode. Losing this ability certainly lowers the value proposition for me.

We are currently supporting an app running Xcode 9.2.x, and forced migration before end of year would be reason enough for me to seek out another platform.

I’m sure we’re not unique in this regard. Switching versions of Xcode literally means rewriting your app in a different version of Swift, so it’s not something to take lightly.

1 Like

As a side note, you also deprecated our billing subscription model a couple weeks ago, forcing us to migrate to another account and re-enter all of our billing information just to scale up our build process. Again, the whole point of this platform --I thought-- was that it makes life easy for the developer. The more hoops I have to jump through, I might as well just be maintaining a Jenkins node.

@markshiz_knowink we hear you. We publish these deprecation posts as early as possible to collect feedback, and we thank you for your feedback! :wink:
We also heard Xcode 9.2.x for React Native can be important, so we’ll keep that stack longer.