Handling multiple implementations of one app

Hi,
I have one Parent app where all the development takes place and after I make a change I configure a branded implementation of the Parent app and deploy it to App store, these Child apps are not always under the same
Team ID, see below:

Parent-App(Team ID 1)
Child-App 1 (Team ID 1) -> different assets and name on other things that identify the app
Child-App 2 (Team ID 2) -> different assets and name on other things that identify the app
Child-App 3 (Team ID 3) -> different assets and name on other things that identify the app
Child-App 4 (Team ID 1) -> different assets and name on other things that identify the app
…

When I modify the Parent-App I want all the Childern-Apps to get the new changes, I have created a workflow for each Child-App which I trigger manually, in the bitrise dashboard, it is at least much faster then doing it locally, but it seems like I can do better. First thing that came to my mind was to create one big workflow with all the Child-App workflows, do you have any better suggestions on how I should organize my workflow?

You can do that, or even better, use Workflow Chaining!

With that you can also define a single “common” workflow, e.g. which builds an app based on a Project Path and Scheme parameter, and then define workflows which just define these environment variables and then run the “common” workflow.

Something like:

---
format_version: 1.1.0
default_step_lib_source: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git
workflows:
  common:
    steps:
    - activate-ssh-key:
    - git-clone:
    - xcode-archive:
  build-app1:
    envs:
    - BITRISE_SCHEME: Scheme1
    - BITRISE_PROJECT_PATH: ./path/to/app1
    after_run:
    - common
  build-app2:
    envs:
    - BITRISE_SCHEME: Scheme2
    - BITRISE_PROJECT_PATH: ./path/to/app2
    after_run:
    - common

Or if you want to chain multiple builds in a single build:

---
format_version: 1.1.0
default_step_lib_source: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git
workflows:
  _prepare:
    steps:
    - activate-ssh-key:
    - git-clone:
  _build-common:
    - xcode-archive:
  build-app1:
    envs:
    - BITRISE_SCHEME: Scheme1
    - BITRISE_PROJECT_PATH: ./path/to/app1
    after_run:
    - _build-common
  build-app2:
    envs:
    - BITRISE_SCHEME: Scheme2
    - BITRISE_PROJECT_PATH: ./path/to/app2
    after_run:
    - _build-common
  build-all:
    before_run:
    - _prepare
    after_run:
    - build-app1
    - build-app2

With this config you can build the build-all workflow, which will prepare (git clone etc.) once, and then build all the app variants.