Drag and drop files is not working anymore in the workflow provision profiles files page

Right now it is only accepting send one file clicking the button and selecting one file each time
I tried Chrome and Safari

I have to upload 187 files today and cant send one by one.

Thanks for reporting @hearst!

We’ll have a look on the drag and drop ASAP, but that said, we should really apply a profile limit - it won’t work after ~50, as the generated URL info will be too long.

A related issue & discussion, when you reach the limit:

Each app uses 6 provision profiles + 1 .p12 and I have 27 apps needing new provision profiles.

→

Note: Prov Profiles doesn’t have to be “installed” in any special way, just moved into the $HOME/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles dir. That’s all, if a profile is in that dir Xcode will recognize it. Our step does the same :wink:

That is interesting…
What is the path to the Generic File Storage folder?
Im going to upload a zip and have a step to uncompress it to the correct folder.

There’s no path. You have to download the files with a step. GFS only provides the (expiring) download URLs, it’s up to you how you download those (we have quite a few steps for download).

Related docs: http://devcenter.bitrise.io/tutorials/how-to-use-the-generic-file-storage/

@hearst An update has been released:

1 Like

Thanks, the problem was fixed.

Awesome, thanks for reporting @hearst!

P.S.: that said, please keep in mind that there is a limit for the number of prov profiles, which is around 50. The web UI won’t reject it if you upload more, but the Cert installer step won’t work, due to the length of the URL param. So, for large number of files the previously discussed ZIP or other alternative methods are recommended.