Add "What to Test" to TestFlight Build via "Deploy to iTunes Connect / Application Loader"

This topic was already covered in two older posts (Add “What to Test” in iOS Testflight build using “Deploy to iTunes Connect / TestFlight (with Deliver)” workflow) and I would like to know if anything has changed.

I would also like to set the TestFlight “What to Test” notes with our Bitrise workflow, otherwise there is still an extra step to be done. I would like to do it without integrating Fastlane into my project.

3 Likes

Hi @Alexej!

There hasn’t been any changes in this regard with the step. Strangely enough, I don’t see a related #feature-request, would you submit one? :slight_smile:

It does not appear possible to do this with Deploy to iTunes Connect - Application Loader as it uses altool under the hood. altool is part of Xcode and does not appear to support a method for specifying release notes.

The Deploy to iTunes Connect with Deliver step appears to support additional Fastlane parameters. Fastlane has a parameter called changelog that populates “What to Test”.

I have not tested but will give it a try if I can find a way to also add a test group to the build as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.